Virtual Tech TalksTuesday, September 29th 2020, 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Virtual Gorilla Logic Tech Talks
Explore emerging technologies, connect with experts, and learn about their hands-on experiences with a variety of groundbreaking technical solutions.
This is our first virtual Tech Talk event spanning Costa Rica, Colombia and the US!
Angular Effects: Reactive State for Components - Adriana Maguea and Carlos Angulo
- Angular and great libraries like NgRx have an amazing architecture to manage the global state. But sometimes, when you want to connect it with your components it can be so confusing. A great solution while you keep your templates synchronous is the Angular Effects: a set of reactive primitives that makes it possible to observe and react to the state of your components.
Blazor Shared Components - Miguel Teherán
- Blazor is a new technology that is becoming more and more popular. Using the web assembly standard this technology ables us to run C# in the browser. In this talk, we will find out how to create shared and reusable components to save time coding and make scalable UI in this new technology.
A Journey from Backend to Fullstack Developer - Mario López
- During this talk we will discuss some strategies based on previous experiences in order to become a Fullstack developer.
A Different Point of Vue on Rails - Carlos Córdoba
- We will go over a brief introduction to build up a Vue JS and Ruby on Rails application. How Vue.js is a good option and the best of both worlds.
DevOps for Penetration Testing Operations - Rodolfo Campos
- Nowadays, threats have become more advanced and sophisticated. As a Penetration Tester or Ethical hacker, you have DevOps tools at our disposal to create automatic advance attacks scenarios that can be launched within minutes from different countries around the world. This is DevOps viewed from a Dark perspective, discover how to create a command and control center using Vagrant, Ansible, Python and Different Cloud Service Providers to launch distributed penetration tests.
Git Ops in Kubernetes - Gerardo López
- The talk will review some GitOps concepts. We will explore Flux in conjunction with Kubernetes, as well as main benefits of the approach.
Serverless Architecture with MongoDB - Eduardo Oviedo
- A review of the new services offered by the Atlas platform, with Realm, Functions and GraphQL, all using MongoDB technologies.
- Tuesday, September 29th 2020
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM GMT-6
- Online via Zoom
- Register for Zoom link
Miguel Teherán is a developer and software consultant at Gorilla Logic. He likes to share knowledge and stay in touch with the Tech communities. Currently, he is a member of Avanet in Medellin, where they organize events and activities to help software communities grow.
Mario Lopez works as Technical Lead at Gorilla Logic. He has worked with multiple Frontend and Backend technologies and has experience with different types of industries. Mario started his career as a Backend developer, but during the last 3 years, he’s been improving his Frontend skills in order to become a Fullstack developer.
Carlos is a passionate Backend Engineer with over 12 years of exprience in software development. He is really into Algorithms, Machine Learning, and new emerging languages. He was born and raised in Java but has been working with Ruby since 2015. Coffee and Russian culture lover! наслаждаюсь путешествием (Enjoying the journey).
Rodolfo is a technology enthusiast. He is passionate about Machine & Deep Learning, Software Development, Ethical hacking, Dev/Ops and Cyber Security. CEH, ECSA, SSCP, Security+ CE, PenTest+ CE, CNVP.
Gerardo is a senior software developer with more than 10 years of experience in software development. DevOps believer and advocate, he loves to share knowledge and learn from others. He is currently the Founder of the Docker Costa Rica community. Sr Software Developer & SRE | AWS, GCP certified.