San José, Costa Rica
Gorilla Logic is searching for an Android developer in San José, Costa Rica. This engineer will be part of a team developing solutions for a Fortune 500 company, and working with distributed teams in Los Angeles, Colorado, and Costa Rica. Please use the resume submission to apply for this job and specificy that you are seeking the San José, Costa Rica position.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in development of mobile Android applications using Android SDK
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in design and development of Web applications, Web APIs or RESTful Web Services, API Management and Mobile Backend as a service (MBaaS)
- Good understanding of Object Oriented design patterns
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Automation testing / TDD experience
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Competitive compensation, and benefits, such as private insurance
- Very attractive work-from-home effective at hiring
- Flexible work schedules based around performance
- Meal bonuses when working at the office
- Travel to Boulder, Colorado
- New Apple hardware
- Challenging projects and relaxed work environment